Apply for Award
Applications Now Closed
Winners will be announced in September
The notes here are intended as a brief summary. Applicants should read the guidelines below, carefully before completing their application.
Applications for a Dundee Musicians' Award must be submitted on the downloadable application form and must be returned by the stated deadline. Completed application forms must be signed by the applicant. Applications cannot be accepted by email. Applications should be accompanied by supporting audio material. This should take the form of CD, DVD or digital files in MP3 or WAV format.
All applications are considered by the Dundee Musicians' Award panel. The panel help us achieve a broader perspective and may be a mix of musicians and other industry and arts sector professionals. The panel is supported by the DMA Administrator who is a Music Development Officer with Leisure and Culture Dundee
The quality of the musician’s work and associated proposal is of the utmost importance. Successful applicants will have demonstrated a level of commitment to their work as a musician. The Panel will consider the following criteria before making an award:
- the quality of the musician's work
- the expected impact of support on the applicant's professional and creative development
- the clarity of purpose behind the submission and reasons given for applying for an award
- the quality of the information/material supplied
- the level of commitment shown to their career