St Andrew's Roman Catholic Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1444
St Andrews Roman Catholic Church opened on the 7th August, 1836. Designed by architect, George Mathewson, the Gothic styled church has a magnificent interior. It has a deceptively narrow looking frontage as it can actually seat about 1,200.
The halls in the basement were once used as the only Catholic school in the city. The passing horse and cart have an advertisement on the side for a circus. The wording reads,"Tonight. A Night in China."
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.