Caledonian Railway - Goods Station, Dundee - Ref: WC1027
The Caledonian goods station was part of the Dundee West Railway Station, which stood to the north of Tay Bridge Station on South Union Street. The station was the terminus for the Caledonian Railway from Perth.
The carts shown in this Alexander Wilson photograph mostly probably belonged to Wordie and Co., the appointed carting agents for the railway, as well as the London and North Western Railway, as well as the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railway at Dundee East.
The Goods Manager at the station in 1901 (according to the Dundee Directory) was Andrew Robertson and the Goods Agent was David Conacher. The Stationmaster was James McNaughton.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.