Baldovan, Dundee - Ref: WC1835
The village of Baldovan was developed in the 1830s. The estate of Baldovan was at that time the property of the Ogilvie's of Inverquharity. It had been owned by many famous families previously, including the Scrymgeors and the Wedderburns.
In this photograph the rural aspect of the village can be seen. It had its own tram terminus linking it with Dundee. Today Baldovan village has gone, cleared to make way for Dundee's redevelopment and expansion.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.