Victoria Street United Presbyterian Church, Dundee - Ref: WC2128
The Victoria Street Church, located in Brown Constable Street, was completed in September 1875. Rev. William Rose was the first pastor of the church and was still minister at the time of this photograph. The church is now used for commercial purposes (2001).
The Lamb Collection in the Central Library, Dundee has some interesting early material relating to Victoria Street Church, including a small text book for children, festival programmes and annual reports (Box 174(10)).
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.