Tannage Court, Dundee - Ref: WC0625
Tannage Court is listed in the Dundee Directory as No. 7 Cowgate, which is perhaps the street visible through the passageway at the centre of this photograph by Alexander Wilson.
Businesses and or residents listed for 1905 were: A. Esplin, Son and Clark, houseagents, R. McGavin Greig, merchant, Alexander Easton, engine driver, Peter Black, warehouseman, John C. Gray, artist, and David Pitlethy, storekeeper.
Also listed were Susan B. McNab, laundress and James Simpson, sculptor. The building on the left side of the passage was a wheel near the roof, part of a lifting system known as a block and tackle.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.