Morison Evangelical Union Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1430
This photograph from the Alexander Wilson Collection shows the front view of a church in Guthrie Street, Dundee.
The Evangelical Church started in 1866 and moved to new premises in Guthrie Street in 1887. The new church cost £1,800 to build. Dundee Central Library's Lamb Collection 189 (11) contains details of how the church expanded, as well as programmes for anniversary services and soirees.
In the photograph, three children looking into the window of Keir's Wholesale & Confectionery Store. A coal delivery cart with two horses in the foreground, and what appears to be an outside clothes market at the side of the church.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.