"Inchgarvie" in Dundee Harbour - Ref: WC0841
The "Inchgarvie" was a Port Glasgow built steam lighter (and early style of puffer) registered at Dundee on 11th June 1900. She may have been in use on the Forth and Clyde Canal before this.
An entry in the Arrivals Book at Perth Harbour shows she discharged a load of potatoes on 24th March 1905 at Port Allen, near Errol. She was broken up at Perth in 1938.
In the background, the east end of Whitehall Crescent can be made out, as well as the elegant clock tower of the Caledonian Railway's Dundee West Station.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.