High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0206
This photograph shows the northern side of High Street, Dundee, running west to east from left to right, the Clydesdale Bank building a faint image at the right edge.
No. 31 is the Dundee Arms public house, partially obscured by Melville House, home of the silk mercer, tailor, costume maker, etc. To the east are J. Lorimer and R. Goodson, mantle manufacturers
To the right of the picture are two different means of transport - a horse-drawn cart and a tram, which was probably also drawn by horses at the time this photograph was taken.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.