"County of Roxburgh" in Dundee Docks - Ref: WC0796
The "County of Roxburgh" was a four-masted full-rigged iron ship, built by Barclay, Curle and Co., of Glasgow for R. and J. Craig, also of Glasgow in 1886.
She had a gross tonnage of 2209 and an overall length of 285.6 feet, and she is seen in this photograph by Alexander Wilson on the south side of Dundee Harbour's Victoria Dock, undergoing voyage repairs (Lloyds Reigster records such works in March 1888.)
The harbour's famous 90-ton crane (removed as a safety hazard) is also clearly visible in this photograph. Assuming that it was taken in March 1888, the vessel had arrived in Dundee on 21st February, with jute from Calcutta, after a voyage of 93 days.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.