Claverhouse, Dundee - Ref: WC1849
Claverhouse was a small estate about three miles north of Dundee City Centre. It originally belonged to the famous Graham family who acquired it sometime in the 16th century.
This wintry photograph shows a rather attractive cottage with an unusual round room at the front. Very little now remains of old Claverhouse the site is now a modern housing complex.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.