Car in front of Courier Buildings - Ref: WC1017
The Courier Building (home of the D. C. Thomson newspaper empire) was opened at No. 22 Meadowside, Dundee, in 1902. The plans were by Niven and Wigglesworth, a London company (though Niven was born in Angus).
The sculptures above the doorway are of Literature and Justice, and are the work of Albert Hemstock Hodge (1876-1918), a Glasgow sculptor and painter who exhibited at the Royal Scottish Academy in 1897 and 1898.
Clearly few people in Dundee at this time could afford a car (even though the number of millionaires in the city exceeded anywhere else in Great Britain per capita), so it is probably safe to assume that the car belonged to a member of the Thomson family.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.