Baldovan, Dundee - Ref: WC1836
Baldovan village was a small semi-rural community built in the 1830s to the north of Dundee. At that time Baldovan estate was owned by the Ogilvie's of Inverquharity. Baldovan village is no longer there having been cleared to make way for Dundee's expansion.
In this photograph Kirkcaldy's cottage can be seen in the background. It is interesting to note the relatively well dressed appearance of the woman and children in the road, perhaps the photograph was taken on a Sunday.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.