Applications are now being invited for the Dundee Musician’s Award 2021/22.
Grants up to a maximum of £500 are available.
The Dundee Musicians' Award is staged by Leisure & Culture Dundee. The Award was established in 2008 to support the work of outstanding Dundee-based musicians by awarding grants towards the costs involved in creating new work in any genre, research and professional development.
The awards support musician’s projects that look at creative development through collaborations, working with new partners, or new producers.
This year 6 awards were given to:
- Callum Rennie - Recording and production of a new EP by Dundee based metal band Catalysis.
- Echo Machine - Recording a new single with producer SAW, to promote summer shows and act as a starting point for work on a new studio album.
- Demi McMahon - recording & mixing new material.
- Grant Irvine - support for production and co-writing material.
- Vintage Girls - New album of Scottish Songs and vintage tracks.
- Lianne Carr-Wylie - Funding towards a vocal course.
Demi McMahon said
“I want to thank Dundee Musicians Award for supporting and contributing to myself being back in the studio again recording new music, I am so grateful to have won the Dundee Musician award as we (musicians) have sadly all missed out the past 2 years so it is great to finally be back out gigging again and recording new music again! can't wait to share with you all”
Closing date for applications is Friday 14 January 2022
For further information contact: email@example.com
Download Application Form: