Longhaugh Racecourse

In 1924 an attempt was made to introduce horse racing on a regular basis in the Dundee area. Initially ground on the Craigie Estate was secured but later it was decided to lease ground at Longhaugh. Three race meetings were held in 1924 at Longhaugh but the venture proved short-lived and the company was wound up the following year. This exhibition consists of extracts from contemporary newspaper reports and pictures.

This exhibition is dedicated to the memory of Janice Mack who was a member of the Whitfield History Group for many years. She sadly passed away 1 Apr 2008. She was instrumental in starting us off on this project. Janice received an award for outstanding achievement from the City of Dundee in 2007.


Need this in a different language?