Submit Your Photographs, Memories, Stories, Documents, Videos & Recordings
- You can submit digital items via our Wellgate Project Submission Form
- In Person
- You can submit physical items such as photos and documents by dropping them off at the Main Reception, Central Library, The Wellgate, Dundee DD1 1DB.
- You’ll be provided with a receipt for any physical materials you submit, and all items will be returned to you once they ’ve been documented.
- You can also submit memories and stories by completing a Wellgate Project Memory Record. You can pick these up and hand them in at the reception desk of any Dundee public library.
Follow Us on Social Media
- Dundee Libraries
- Facebook: @dundeelibraries
- Twitter: @dundeelibraries
- Instagram: @dundeelibraries
- Local History Centre, Central Library
- Twitter: @DundeeLH
Erin Farley, Library & Information Officer,
Local History Centre, Dundee Central Library.
T: 01382 431 550
- Local History Centre, Dundee Central Library
- Dundee City Archives
- Adam Piggot, Designer & Artist
- The project was devised by Adam Piggot, whose family ran a shop at 50 Wellgate for 74 years, from 1898 till 1972.
- Looking North-west, Hendersons’ Sign and The Wellgate Steps collages by Adam Piggot.
- Looking North-west features images BW153-07, DCC-BW046-17, DCC-BW122-06, DCC-SA1880, DCC-SA2566, DCC-SA2606 and GD/X1384 Dundee Changes 2 from Dundee City Archives, and images B13.605 and B13.675 from Dundee Libraries.
- Hendersons’ Sign features images DCC-BW046-31, DCC-BW122-14 and DCC-BW122-15 from Dundee City Archives, and images B13.608 and B13.675 from Dundee Libraries.
- The Wellgate Steps features images DCC-BW046-29 and 'Wellgate Steps (Dundee Police Commissioners, c.1880)’ from Dundee City Archives, and images B13.602, B13.675 and WC671 from Dundee Libraries.