First Aid Training Courses
Leisure & Culture Dundee still have spaces available for Council Departments/External Organisations who require staff to attend a Health & Safety 1 Day – Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work or a 3 Day – Level 3 First Aid at Work Course.
The Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate first aid equipment, facilities & first aiders so immediate help can be given to staff at work if they are taken ill or injured.
If any Council Departments/External Organisations/Public require to attend then please contact Stephanie Fender on the following e-mail below:
|EFAW||Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work||Tuesday 9th May 2023||1|
|EFAW||Emergency First Aid at Work||Tuesday 13th June 2023||1|
|EFAW||Emergency First Aid at Work||Tuesday 20th June 2023||1|
Cost per Candidate: EFAW £80.00 Promotion - £60
Cost per Candidate: EPFA £80.00
Cost per Candidate: FAW £185.00 Promotion - £150
Cost per Candidate: FAW Requalifying £150.00
Course Times: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Courses Location: (Large Function Room) Dundee Ice Arena, Camperdown Leisure Complex, Kingsway West, Dundee, DD2 3SQ
Free Parking Available
First Aid Training Courses and Prices
|QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)||£185.00|
|QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Requalifying (RQF)||£150.00|
|QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)||£80.00|
|QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)||£80.00|
|QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)||£150.00|
|QA Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (RQF)||£150.00|
|Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Annual Refresher (RQF)||£40.00|
|QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillation (RQF)||£40.00|
|SYFA Sports Injury First Aid||£145.00|
- Download our First Aid at Work (Annual Refresher) Flyer (778KB PDF)
- Download our First Aid at Work Requalifying Course Flyer (874KB PDF)
- Download our First Aid at Work Flyer (1MB PDF)
- Download our Emergency Paediatric First Aid Flyer (739KB PDF)
Our training sessions can accommodate a maximum of 10 candidates per trainer on EFAW and FAW courses. All candidates will receive a First Aid book and a First Aid Certificate on successful completion of core hours, assessment by trainer and passing a multiple choice question papers.
Please note that for large groups (up to 6 people) discounts MAY be available…
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
The RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and Ireland and is also internationally recognised. The NPLQ is an excellent starting point for anyone looking for a career in the leisure industry.
Cost per Candidate: NPLQ £215.00
Course Duration: 6 Days
Venue: St Paul’s Swim & Sport Centre, Gillburn Road, Dundee, DD3 OEH
Course Information: New National Pool Lifeguard Qualification + AED Course
Course Times: 9am –6pm (This may change slightly due to pool availability)
- All candidates will receive light refreshments (no lunch).
- All candidates will receive a First Aid book and certificate on successful completion of core hours, assessment by trainer and passing a multiple choice question paper.
- All potential learners from L&CD, Dundee City Council or external should ensure that they are physically fit as they will be assessed in dealing with an unconscious casualty on the floor. This must be done for assessment purposes. Any learner not physically fit should consider not attending. Learners will need to wear appropriate clothing and footwear e.g. trousers and flat shoes.
- A reasonable adjustment can be made with learners identified with reading and writing difficulties but the trainer must be informed by the learner or employer before the start of the written assessment at the end of the course. This assessment can be verbally read to the learner by the trainer.
Other Training Courses
Leisure & Culture Dundee have spaces available for Council Departments / External Organisations & Clubs to attend a Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport Course (CWPS)
Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport (CWPS) replaces the previous Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) course and is aimed at sports coaches, club officials, and volunteers. This sportscotland certified training will provide you with a practical knowledge on child wellbeing and protection that will give you the confidence to deal with issues which may arise in your role working with children.
Module 1 : eLearning module introduces you to the basic theory, knowledge and practice which underpins child wellbeing and protection in sport. On average it should take around 30 minutes to complete the module and you MUST complete this module before attending the face to face Module 2.
Module 2 : Is a 3-hour face to face training course led by one of sportscotland’s approved tutors. Learners must complete both modules to gain the qualification and receive their certificate.
To book onto the Course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost per Candidate: CWPS £25.00
Courses Location: CWPS - Regional Performance Centre Dundee, Mains Loan, Dundee, DD4 9BX
Free Parking Available
- Training sessions can accommodate a maximum of 16 Learners
- Learners should arrive at least 10 minutes before the course start time
- ght refreshments (tea/coffee) will be provided