This award will be presented to an individual who has shown an outstanding commitment as a volunteer to their chosen sport throughout the past 12 months.
- The nominee must be volunteering within a Dundee based sports organisation, school or programme.
- The volunteer does not require being resident in Dundee but should be making a significant contribution to sport in Dundee.
- The nominee must not receive any monetary awards for their time given to the activities detailed within the nomination, other than expenses.
- Only commitment contributed in 2018 will be taken into consideration.
- Nominations will be considered on the quality of the nominee not the quantity of nominations received.
- Nominations will be judged on the entry form alone.
- Previous winners of this award will be considered based on the current nomination only.
The nomination will be considered on merit in the following areas of priority:
- Responsibility gained and roles undertaken within club / development groups etc. (all roles are to be acknowledged)
- Developments in the club made possible through the efforts of the volunteer.
- Special circumstances / barriers that have been overcome.
- Value of the Volunteer to the club / group / association etc.
- Any other significant areas highlighted by the nomination will be considered as long as they highlight a contribution to sport.