Leisure and Culture Dundee run a range of physical activity programmes for children aged 4 months to 5 years in venues across the city throughout the week. The programmes provide an opportunity for young children to participate in fun physical activity, allowing them to develop a range of skills. Children under the age of 3 partcipate together with support of their parent/carer and children aged 3 to 5 partcipate along with other children of the same age whilst parents/carers watch.
The range of activities available are:
- Baby Gym for children aged 4 to 10 months and 10 to 18 months
- Little Gym for children aged 18 months to 3 years
- Little Gym for children aged 3 to 5 years
- Family Fun for children aged 0 to 5 years
- Swimming for Children with a Disability
- Pyjama Club aged 2 to 5 years
- Dads and Kids Physical Activity Sessions
This is an exciting time for children moving into primary 1 and joining a new Leisure and Sport Physical Activity Programme. Our primary 1 class options are detailed below.
Classes for P1 age are as follows:
- Forthill Primary School (Monday) 3.30pm–4.30pm
- Craigie Hiigh School Trampoline (Thursday) 6.00pm–7.00pm
- Douglas Sports Centre (Friday) 3.45pm–4.45pm
There are waiting lists for all classes but participants from Little Gymtime have priority spaces.
- Contact: Laura Easton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01382 436971
Our Soccer Centres are fun coaching sessions for children who want to play in a safe and friendly environment and learn new skills. The aims are to improve players technically, tactically, physically and socially ensuring those attending have great fun, meet new friends and enjoy the experience.
For all primary 1 Funky Feet Dance Classes please visit:
If you would like further information regarding Dance please call Alexandra Hare on 01382 438865.
Basic Moves is a fun physical activity programme for children aged P1-5. Our qualified coaches provide the children with the essential skills required to enjoy a lifetime of physical activity. Benefits of this programme include, improved social skills, help reduce child obesity & develop motor skills.