Streetwise: Drummond’s Close

Name Plate

Named after George Drummond, proprietor of tenement between this close and Mitchell’s Close, at end of 18th century. Property in existence at least early 17th century.

Close removed as a result of layout out of North Gellatly Street. Site occupied by warehousing in late 19th century. These in ruin 1952 and site rebuilt by 1984 maintaining 19th-century frontage with Seagate/Gellatly Street.

Source: ’Historic Dundee – The Archaeological Implications of Development–, Scottish Burgh Survey 1988

Need this in a different language?