Whitehall Close, Dundee - Ref: WC0706
This carved stone is one of many that were located in Whitehall Close. Many of the outstanding examples were removed to a museum in the Old Steeple, but this one (possibly an Adam and Eve) was demolished with the remainder of the close.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.