Union Street and Yeaman Shore, Dundee - Ref: WC0657
This Alexander Wilson photograph shows the south end of Union Street in Dundee, where it joins Whitehall Crescent running east to the right and Yeaman Shore, which at that time ran westwards to the left. Union Street runs north to Nethergate.
The businesses in this part of Yeaman Shore included The Great Western public house at No. 25, Mrs Robertson's Royal Livery Stables at No. 27, Miss B. McIntosh's Refreshment rooms at No. 29, and the ironmonger, R.E. and J. Fleming, 'saddler's furnishers'.
In Union Street were Niven Brothers, the family butcher, at No. 45, James Mollison, the baker, at No. 41, and J.D. Cameron F.S. Sc. (London), whose dental rooms were at No. 37. A.E. Challis's cycle and motor depot is listed as No. 50 Union Street.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.