"Tuskar" in Dundee Harbour - Ref: WC0917
The vessel is the "Tuskar", an iron screw steamer, built by Blackwood and Gordon, Port Glasgow, for W. Langlands and Son, Glasgow in 1863.
She had a gross tonnage of 465 and measured 181.5 feet in length. She is seen berthed at No. 3 Shed in Dundee Harbour's Earl Grey Dock, with her stern to Dock Street.
The "Tuskar", captained by someone called MacPherson and under the agency of J. T. Inglis and Co., was a regular visitor to Dundee in 1889 with general goods from Liverpool. The Dundee Advertiser records monthly trips for July to September.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.