Tower in Scott's Close, Dundee - Ref: WC0581
The Dundee Directory for 1895-96 lists two streets in the city called Scott’s Close. One is given at No. 97 Overgate, and the No. 6 Hawkhill. It is impossible to say categorically which this is.
The significance of the tower is difficult to fathom given that the location of the street is uncertain. It seems to be standing at the corner of a block of tenement houses. Shortly after the photograph was taken, the area was flattened.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.