St Marys Parish Church Manse, Dalkeith Road, Dundee - Ref: WC1893
This impressive manse for St Mary's Parish Church was built in 1890 at 69 Dalkeith Road. Situated opposite Baxter Park it is built with red stone and has many decorative architectural features, such as the pillared entrance and the spiral chimneys.
Dundee's Coat of Arms can be seen in the plaque on the wall. In the photograph, three very well dressed children can be seen outside the manse. The house is no longer used as a manse but is now privately owned.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.