St Mary Magdalene's Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1870
This Episcopal church was built in 1867. It was designed in a Gothic style by architects Edward and Robertson. The cemetery in the foreground was the Constitution Road Cemetery.
This cemetery was cleared to make way for redevelopment.Today (2001) all that remains are headstones built into a wall beside what is now Bell Street car park. The church is still there, however, looking exactly as it does in the photograph.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.