St Andrews Established Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1435
In this photograph the simple splendour of the 18th century, St Andrews Church, is seen to full advantage. Built by architect Samuel Bell in 1772 it is one of Dundee's few remaining 18th century buildings.
It was erected by the Kirk Session, the Nine Incorporated Trades and the Three United Trades and is sometimes referred to in older publications as St Andrews Trade Church.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.