St Andrews Castle - Ref: WC3089
The ruins of St Andrew's Castle stand on a rocky promontory overhanging the sea, not far from the ruins of the Cathedral which date from the 12th Century.
In 1801, the sea claimed the three-storey east range and with it the massive circular South East blockhouse.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.