strong>Ryehill Church, Dundee - Ref: WC2129
This Norman style church, designed by architect George Aitken, was opened on the 5th March 1880. In 1985, the church and its associated buildings were converted into 19 flats.
The row of shops in the photograph include, from right, Andrew Lawson, medical hall, William J. Rae, grocer, Mrs John Ramsay, confectioner, Jane Dewar, fruiterer, Charles Chalmers, butcher and A. W. Osler, grocer.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923