Rosebank Established Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1441
Rosebank Church was opened on Sunday, November 17th, 1872. Designed in a Gothic style by architects Edward and Robertson of Dundee, the church could hold about 600 people in the ground floor and a further 300 in the galleries.
Situated in Constitution Road the church appears to dwarf the neighbouring chimney stack in the photograph. The chimney serves as a reminder that Dundee was very much an industrial city in the early 1900s.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.