Queen Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0549
Queen Street, Dundee, links Seagate in the south (behind the photographer) to Cowgate (the chimney at the right hand side) in the north.
Alfred E. Powrie, rag, waste and metal merchant, had his stores at No. 150 Seagate (at the junction). No. 10 Queen Street is listed in the Dundee Directory as J. Blackwood, a sack and coal merchant and contractor).
Nos. 12-14 is listed as Charles Smith & Son, joiner, wright and builder, established 1850. Further entries refer to them as funeral undertakers, houseagents and valuators.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.