Panmure Street Independent Church, Dundee - Ref: WC1431
Panmure Street Independent Church was formed after the Rev. Robert Lang resigned from the Ward Chapel in 1853 and a large contingent of the congregation broke away with him. A site for a new church was found and Panmuir Church was opened in December, 1855.
The church is situated on the corner of Panmuir Street and Euclid Crescent, facing towards Albert Square. Since 1970, the church has been used by Dundee High School as classrooms and a hall.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.