Newport-on-Tay, East Railway Station - Ref: WC1033
At the south side of the Tay Railway Bridge was a branch line which linked Wormit, West Newport-on-Tay, East Newport-on-Tay and Tayport.
At this time, of course, there were many smaller stations than there are nowadays,. The Fife line travelled southwards to Edinburgh via a host of towns, with a second branch to St Andrews via St Fort, Leuchars junction and Guardbridge.
Services to East Newport-on-Tay ceased on 23rd May 1966. The opening of the Tay Road Bridge, which increased direct access to the public on a greater scale than the railways and ferries had ever achieved, spelled the end for the other north Fife stations.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.