Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3014
Looking from the River Tay is the Trinity United Free Church built in 1881.The tall chimney to the left of the picture locates the gasworks and the flagpole stands outside the Blyth Hall
The flagpole was erected in front of the Blyth Hall, gifted in 1878 by Mr. Blyth Martin .
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.