Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3018
This view from the River Tay shows the Mission Hall, smiddy and Young's Cycle shop to the reqqr. The water wheel was situated in the gully below the High Road.
John T Young established the bicycle repair business, his son Willy worked the smiddy.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.