Murraygate, Dundee - Ref: WC0391
This photograph of Dundee's Murraygate focuses on the north side looking east from left to right, with the distant spire of St Andrew's Church.
The banner for Macdonald's artificial teeth is most likely simply an advertisement, since no dentist of that name is listed in Murraygate at that time. No. 18 (where the banner is located) belonged to the dyers, Stevenson Bros.
On the other side of Meadow Entry at No. 20 Murraygate were Johnston & Adams, drysalters, with The Dundee Fur House (proprietor James G. Cruden) at No. 22. No. 24 was C. J. Fehrenbach, a watchmaker, and No. 26 James McGregor's ironmongery.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.