Lindsay Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0341
Lindsay Street is seen here at its southern junction with Nethergate and High Street.
A Davie, the dentist who succeeded Dr Stewart, had a dental factory at No. 25 Nethergate, as did Alexander Birnie, the photographic supplier.
The minister of the School Wynd United Free Church in August 1900 was George Smart, who resided at No. 22 Springfield, off Perth Road.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.