Kinbrae House, Newport-on-Tay - Ref: WC3028
Kinbrae House, Newport-on-Tay. Built in 1870 for Sir John Leng from designs by Heiton of Perth. Many of these baronial mansions were built in Newport. Kinbrae was demolished in 1960.
Kinbrae House, Newport-on-Tay. Purchased in 1955 by the Town Council for development of housing or hotel but instead was demolished.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.