Kinbrae and St Serfs, Newport-On-Tay - Ref: WC3029
Kinbrae House and St.Serfs, Newport-on-Tay. To the right of the photo is St.Serfs (St.Serf landed in Fife). Now a residential home, it was known as "Westwood" and was built for Harry Walker J.P. circa 1865.
St.Serfs, Newport-on-Tay a handsome mansion designed by Mr. Andrew Heiton of Perth. Harry Walker was the respected head of the firm of "Harry Walker and sons" spinners and manufacturers.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.