High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0221
The building to the left of centre separates Dundee High Street leading westwards to the left and Overgate to the right.
At the extreme right is Strathtay House (today's Boots). Next door are the offices of John Durham the printer.
Although the business (whose printing works were in Overgate) collaborated with W. & D. C. Thomson on projects like The Wizard of the North, there is no evidence that Durham ever printed the Courier or the Weekly News.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.