High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0227
This photograph shows the eastern end of Dundee High Street, with "General Monk's House" with the round tower, just right of centre.
Overgate leads off to the right, and Nethergate to the left.
Whytock the jeweller and goldsmith is the familiar business on the corner, with Nathan & Co., silversmith, jeweller, optician and watchmaker next door at No. 47.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.