High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0236
Though undated, this photograph dates from after 1899, when the striking light grey Royal Bank of Scotland was built at the top of Castle Street.
The Dundee Directory for 1910-11 has no business listed at No. 11 (where Mackays the jewellers is seen here), so the closing down sale must have taken place some time in the previous twelve months.
The pie shop at No. 4 St Clement's Lane belonged to David Wallace, pastrybaker.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.