High Street, Dundee (south side) - Ref: WC0280
Dundee's Town House (to plans by William Adam, built in 1731) stands proud in this photograph of High Street, taken from Reform Street's southern end.
A similar photograph to this is dated 28th April 1907, and the details of shops, etc. match completely.
Frain's China, as advertised on the side of the tramcar, owned two large wholesale and retail establishments at 11-21 Castle Street and 12-18 Tindal's Wynd, which leads southwards between the two buildings at the east (left) of the image.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.