High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0258
Looking westwards from left to right, this photograph shows the south side of Dundee High Street, between the northern end of Castle Street and the Town House in the west.
The last edition of the Dundee Directory to list M. Craig, the fancy wool repository at No. 3 Castle Street, is 1895-96; Mr Craig lived at No. 71 High Street.
All of the buildings on the corner were demolished shortly after the picture was taken to make way for the new Royal Bank of Scotland, which opened in 1899.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.