High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0220
This photograph shows Overgate running westwards into the distance from Dundee's High Street.
The last entry in the Dundee Directory for William Smith's hattery at No. 47 High Street is 1895-96, the photograph must have been taken before that time.
The clothiers J and J Peat were at No. 52 High Street, at its junction with Reform Street.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.