High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0229
This photograph shows the south side of Dundee High Street between St Clement's Lane, which runs down the western side of the Town House, and Crichton Street.
The impressive building to the right is the North of Scotland Bank.
Next door, at No. 23, there were offices belonging to Watt & Boase, and John Harris, solicitors, as well as Patrick S. Walker, a dentist, A. & G. Taylor the photographers, and the currier (someone who dresses tanned leather), David Beath.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.