High Street, Dundee - Ref: WC0214
This photograph shows a section of the north side of Dundee High Street, with the Caird Fountain standing outside the Dundee Arms and the junctions with Thorter Row and Church Lane immediately behind it.
The photographic studios belonging to William Ferrier were at No. 1 Tally Street.
Between those and Melville House were shops belonging to H. P. Tyler, bootmaker, Manfield and Sons, bootmakers, and the studio of another photographer, William Alexander.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.