Hawkhill, Dundee - Ref: WC0193
This section of the Hawkhill in Dundee (which led westwards from West Port to Perth Road) shows the archway into Isles Lane.
To the west (and left) of the arch is Charles Laing's fruit shop.
The building to the right has an advertisement for Woodward's "fish suppers"; John Woodward sold fish at No. 110a Hawkhill. At No. 115 Hawkhill (to the right of the photograph) is one of the City of Dundee Co-operative Society's five general stores.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.