Greenmarket and Shore Terrace, Dundee - Ref: WC1083
The Crown Hotel, which stands on the corner of the latter, was run by Mrs E. Steel for two decades. The tobacconist and stationer next door was Mrs John Thomson (one of two such women listed in the Dundee Directory with that 'profession'.)
The hairdresser on Greenmarket was James Currie (at No. 30). He lived at No. 183 Overgate. To the left, the distinctive sloping circular roof of the Old Customs House can just be made out.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.