Gray Street, King Street, Corner, Broughty Ferry Corner, Dundee - Ref: WC1868
In Victorian times as today this is a popular, busy shopping area in Broughty Ferry. Gray Street was named after a famous family who held Broughty Castle for almost two hundred years during the late 15th century.
The corner shop of family grocer, W.Hazell, was at 11 Gray Street while Antonio Franchi's ices and refreshment saloon was at number 13. It is interesting to note the different styles of prams in the photograph.
Alexander Wilson who took this photograph, was a supervisor in a Dundee jute mill for over 20 years. He bequeathed much of his collection and £50, to cover the costs involved, to the Free Library Committee of Dundee in 1923.